How to recover from deleted docker image

Ok when you have some time …
The error is complaining about MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD, I have set that to “password” yet it still complains …

phpmyadmin:
    container_name: "invoiceplane-dbadmin"
    build:
      context: ./resources/docker/phpmyadmin
    environment:
      - PMA_HOST=invoiceplane-db
      - PMA_USER=root
      - PMA_PASSWORD=password
      - PMA_ROOT_PASSWORD=password
      - MYSQL_DATABASE=invoiceplane_db
      - MYSQL_USER=ipdevdb
      - MYSQL_PASSWORD=password
      - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=password
      - MAX_EXECUTION_TIME=600
      - MEMORY_LIMIT=256M
      - UPLOAD_LIMIT=2G
    depends_on:
      - db
    links:
      - db
    restart: always
    volumes:
      - ./resources/docker/phpmyadmin/config.user.inc.php:/etc/phpmyadmin/config.user.inc.php
      - ./resources/docker/databases:/var/www/html/tmp/upload_databases
    ports:
      - "8081:80"
    networks:
      invoiceplane:
        ipv4_address: 172.25.0.16

It did not say ANYTHING about MARIADB_ROOT_PASSWORD so I am very confused …
It would save time if you just made the mods to docker-compose.yml and fed it back to me, then I could do a diff to see what you mean …

Hi, I have made some progress.

I have done a fresh docker install on another machine. On this install the database stays up. I followed the instructions here: https://ipv6.rs/tutorial/Fedora_CoreOS_Latest/InvoicePlane/
However I cannot get to the webpage at localhost:8080 as instructed, and I see that it exposed port 80 in the docker-compose.yml file.
So I changed it to 8080, did a rebuild of nginx and started it, this is what I get.

Creating invoiceplane-nginx ... done
Attaching to invoiceplane-nginx
invoiceplane-nginx | /docker-entrypoint.sh: /docker-entrypoint.d/ is not empty, will attempt to perform configuration
invoiceplane-nginx | /docker-entrypoint.sh: Looking for shell scripts in /docker-entrypoint.d/
invoiceplane-nginx | /docker-entrypoint.sh: Launching /docker-entrypoint.d/10-listen-on-ipv6-by-default.sh
invoiceplane-nginx | 10-listen-on-ipv6-by-default.sh: info: /etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf is not a file or does not exist
invoiceplane-nginx | /docker-entrypoint.sh: Sourcing /docker-entrypoint.d/15-local-resolvers.envsh
invoiceplane-nginx | /docker-entrypoint.sh: Launching /docker-entrypoint.d/20-envsubst-on-templates.sh
invoiceplane-nginx | /docker-entrypoint.sh: Launching /docker-entrypoint.d/30-tune-worker-processes.sh
invoiceplane-nginx | /docker-entrypoint.sh: Configuration complete; ready for start up
invoiceplane-nginx | 2024/07/11 02:12:18 [emerg] 1#1: open() "/etc/nginx/conf.d/invoiceplane.conf" failed (13: Permission denied) in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:30
invoiceplane-nginx | nginx: [emerg] open() "/etc/nginx/conf.d/invoiceplane.conf" failed (13: Permission denied) in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:30
invoiceplane-nginx exited with code 1

Any idea’s where to go with that? At least I have the database running …
I guess the instructions are wrong/incomplete …

Take a look at that error. It’s while running the nginx service.

Please explain how i can look at that file in the container and catch it while it only runs for a couple of seconds …

Never mind. I am giving up on invoiceplane, it’s just too hard…
I will use an on-line service …

Thanks anyway.

That’s unfortunate.

But that means that i don’t have to make a video for you this weekend?
Let me know

Good luck.

No don’t bother with the video, unless you want to do it to help out other people.

Would be good to have some documentation on docker installs on the InvoicePlane wiki, with maybe a link to your video?

Maybe when that happens I might have another look.

1 Like