How do I use the new Qrcode feature in IP 1.6.1?

Finally…

I’m not exactly sure why, but now it works with my finnish bank at least.

When the string concatenation was done on their own lines, there was an extra space in the beginning of the line (after \n…) So maybe it was not correct because of that. Meanwhile I tried to remove optional fields countless of times.

Then went back to the original version, put all the strings in one line and then it worked.

<barcode code="BCD\n001\n1\nSCT\n<?php echo $BIC['bic'];?>\n<?php echo $invoice->user_company;?>\n<?php echo str_replace(' ', '', $invoice->user_iban);?>\n<?php echo 'EUR'.$invoice->invoice_total;?>\n\n<?php echo luo($iv_ref, false);?>\n\n<?php echo 'ReqdExctnDt/'.date_format($date, 'Y-m-d'); ?>"
                                                    type="QR" class="barcode" size="0" error="H" disableborder="1" />

Is what works now for me.

1 Like

@Panu_Artimo, I removed a quotation mark after <?php echo $invoice->invoice_number;?>" because it would change the color of the text ‘–>Sample EPC QR code’ in my screenshot.
I didn’t think about someone wanting to use this ‘example’. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:
I see you added the quotation mark at the end of your line so your code does work now. Well done!

Small question: did you use the mPDF QR-Code library (as I suggested) to create this QR-Code?

Ok, it was just an observation that the code probably would not work properly.

Yes I had almost the same code before myself (with matching quotes) but it did not work.

If I didn’t have something more urgent todo I could try to find out why my original code did not work, but for now I’m pleased it now works at all :slight_smile:

But yes I added the missing qrcode files and used mpdf as usual already before, I used the barcodelibrary for the old fashioned barcode on the same invoice also.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be better to create QR payment links from mollie? Then Mollie can handle the different kinds of payment methods for you and create a specific payment QR for the chosen payment method?

So the flow would be:

1. You create an invoice, and on the invoice you put a QR code with the payment link (which is reusable in the client portal) as described here: Create payment link — Payment links API v2 documentation — Mollie
  2. You send the invoice to the client
  3. They use the QR code and are redirected to mollie and they can choose their payment method, SEPA, iDeal, Bancontact, Bank Specific Apps, Creditcard etc. It will generate a QR code (if available for that method) based on the selection of the client.
  4. Mollie takes over from here

This way you do not have to worry about the 100 different standards, they will do that. Is there a new payment method? Check if mollie support it.

Even if you want to allow wire transfers, they have SEPA support and it is doable in cost (0.22€/transaction). For now I only use that for payment for registrations on the site and I have activated Bancontact, iDeal, KBC, Belfius, Paypal, Creditcards and Debit cards and Wire Transfers. Bancontact, Ideal and Wire Transfer are really low cost. The others I calculate a payment fee.

1 Like

Hi @Thomas_Collier thanks for the input. I share your idea. Currently an implementation for Mollie is on it’s way (see: [Feature Request] Request Online Payment vendor · Issue #1032 · InvoicePlane/InvoicePlane · GitHub).

We have also arranged a native implementation for PayPal and for Stripe. Stripe is also a payment gateway as Mollie is and the approach this implementation follows is similar to the one you have proposed. You can find the ongoing work here: Feature/payments v1.6.2 by naui95 · Pull Request #1046 · InvoicePlane/InvoicePlane · GitHub

We will then need some testers to be sure the implementation works well.

1 Like

Thanks for replying. I really love the software. My daughter has started a sidebusiness as student and invoiceplane is exactly what she needs.

I’ll check the link, do you have an idea on when this version will be released? I understand if it is difficult to say

Hey @Thomas_Collier it’s difficult to say when we release the new version, howeverrrr…we can help you git clone the repository / branch and then you can already use it, is that ok?

Are you / Is your daughter using Windows? Do you want to use InvoicePlane locally or on a webserver?

On the webserver her clients can log in to view their invoices.
Locally you can just administer InvoicePlane without any need for an external party (webserver host)

I would love to try this. I am not really versed in GitHub and so on, so a small assistance would be appreciated :sweat_smile:

Are these the correct steps?

Or can I just upload the files from the payments branch to the webserver?

I am hosting the application as a webversion.

You’re really close. I’m going to talk you through these steps:

Or can I just upload the files from the payments branch to the webserver

• clone the repository
  • go to the directory of that repository
  • git checkout branch-name
  • check which files have changed in that branch and only upload those files
  • probably they are in the modules directory

Since you already have v1.6.1 on your webserver, the files from that branch should overwrite your files from the webserver