500 Server Errors after Update to 1.6.0

Hi,

I am also getting the same error.

Is this a bug ?

Hi @jameswill could you kindly specify which error are you seeing?

Hi @Noha_Sorani can you kindly let us know what db software are you using (MySQL, MariaDB,…) andwhat version it is?

Further, what PHP version are you running?

1 Like

I have Mariadb and PHP v.8.1

1 Like

Hi,

On visiting the installation page it gives the following error.

Fatal error: Uncaught Dotenv\Exception\InvalidFileException: Failed to parse dotenv file. Encountered an invalid name at []. in [[PATH]]/vendor/vlucas/phpdotenv/src/Parser/Parser.php:30 Stack trace: #0 [[PATH]]/vendor/graham-campbell/result-type/src/Error.php(118): Dotenv\Parser\Parser::Dotenv\Parser{closure}(‘Encountered an …’) #1 [[PATH]]/vendor/vlucas/phpdotenv/src/Parser/Parser.php(31): GrahamCampbell\ResultType\Error->mapError(Object(Closure)) #2 [[PATH]]/vendor/vlucas/phpdotenv/src/Dotenv.php(222): Dotenv\Parser\Parser->parse('load() #4 {main} thrown in [[PATH]]/vendor/vlucas/phpdotenv/src/Parser/Parser.php on line 30

On deleting first line from ipconfig.php starts the installation However on filling the database details installer gives another error.

Failure
Cannot connect to the database server with the provided database information. Please check the credentials and try again.

I am using php 8.1 and mysql 5.7

1 Like

@Noha_Sorani @jameswill thank you. Peculiar. I’ll have a look into it and update you.

2 Likes

@Noha_Sorani and @jameswill can you (i) activate the ENABLE_DEBUG setting in ipconfig.php, (ii) reproduce the error and (iii) send me the output of the relevant log file you will find in application/logs by using the private message function (just in case, to avoid exposing sensitive info to the world).

Hi, I just send my logs

1 Like

same issue here, anyone got the solution? thanks

can share the steps to enable setup in env file ? thanks

• open ipconfig.php and comment out the top line in the file by adding a # at the beginning of the first line. The result should be like this:

# <?php exit('No direct script access allowed'); ?>

• close the ipconfig.php file
2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: 500 Server Errors after Update to 1.6.0 (continued)

Just for your information.
I had the same error (cannot connect to the database with the provided database information).
A var_dump of $db showed me that the password was different.
I had a ‘#’ character inside the complexity, and that was the cullpit…

Quick workaround for me was changing my password of the database to something without ‘#’

2 Likes

Hi,

i did a fresh install on my RPI. Raspbian11(RasberryPi OS), PHP 8.1, IP v1.6.0.

1 try - error 500. Then i did this: # <?php exit('No direct script access allowed'); ?>
2 try - The page comes up. I continue the setup to the Database Details. Then:
Failure
Cannot connect to the database server with the provided database information. Please check the credentials and try again.

My DB Data are correct. My first RPI with Raspbian9, PHP 7.4 and IPv1.5.11 work’s OK.

On both RPI i work locally in my network. DB is Mariadb and server is Apache2

Any suggestions?

Tnx

Guy’s i’m so stupid…

MariaDB [(none)]> CREATE USER ‘invplane’@‘localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘password’;

Guess what was my password :smiley: … Yes … So as i typed in the right password in my case “password”. It worked. So … My apologies …

Tnx

Simon

1 Like

I can’t get past the database configuration.
Failure
Unable to connect to the database server with the database information provided. Please check credentials and try again.

I have followed all the steps and edited ipconfig.php
It still does not work.

How can I send you my log???

Hi @IAMSoluciones sure. Are you still having the issue?