READ THIS: InvoicePlane v1.2.0 released

I’m very happy to announce the release of v1.2.0 of our InvoicePlane application!
This is the largest update since the first release with a ton of new exciting features and I want to introduce some of them to you in this post.
The complete list of changes can be found in the Changelog.

You can download the latest version from the website.

Products and product families

Maybe the most important feature. We replaced the “Item Lookup” with “Products” which can be found in the menu bar.

Adding Products

It’s very easy to create a new product. Just select Create Product in the menu bar and you will be redirected to the form. Please note that you can start adding products with a purchase price but the support for costs calculations will be added in a later version.

Products families

Products can be sorted in categories which are called Product Families or short Families. Families can be added from the Product Families overview.

What about my old saved items?

Don’t worry, all existing items will be converted into products with the update. But you should check all products and add a SKU and correct tax rates if needed.

Invoice deletion and Credit Invoices

Because it’s forbidden in many countries to delete invoices after they have been sent to a customer we disabled this feature for invoices. You can only delete invoices which are drafts.
If you want to delete invoices anyway please follow the guide on

Credit Invoices

As you can’t delete invoices you are now able to create credit invoices which will make a duplicate but with negative amounts so the balance is now zero.

Want to delete invoices anyway?

It’s not recommended to allow invoice deletion but you can enable this function if you want. Open the file /application/config/config.php and change $config['enable_invoice_deletion'] = FALSE; to $config['enable_invoice_deletion'] = TRUE;.

Customize dashboard periods and other features

We added some new options you can change in the settings.

Change the period of the invoice / quote overviews

Disable the sidebar

You can now disable the sidebar if you don’t want to use it.

Display amounts in a monospace font

Sometimes amounts are easier to read if they are displayed in a monospace font.

Thanks to the contributors

This version would not be this great without our contributors and this is why I really want to thank Jadaw1n, Miquel Cabanas, Eduardo (egrueda), cz-vilda and lommes for their amazing work!

3 Likes