Adding Supporting Attachments to an Invoice

Will it be possible to add a supporting attachment that is tied to an Invoice that the client can download as well.
e.g pdf, gif, jpg, png, doc, csv

4 Likes

I would be interested in this as well. I’ve tried to hack this into our version but with limited programming knowledge have had limited luck.

1 Like

Some of the other suggested methods I have seen else where would be to include a link from dropbox or other file sharing mechanism within the invoice as a custom field. This method is workable but the link will a public link an not very ‘secure’…

I was thinking it will be good if the system allowed a folder space for each created client and the link could be generated from that folder space as such. In this way the client will be authenticated and thus allowed access to the workspace to download attachments .

please some one help. I also need this feature.

<div class="control-group">
        <label class="control-label">Attachment: </label>
        <div class="controls">
            <input type='file' name='userfile'>
        </div>
    </div>

Added this on invoice.php
and

$AddAttachment    = $this->input->post('userfile');

added this on mailer.php

But not working
Please help… I am noob…

Hi @all

I created an issue and will start work on this topic asap.

Best

Patrick

1 Like

Is there any update on this? The only way that I can see that I can view an attachment that was uploaded, is to actually go to the directory and open it from the server. Is that the only way that we have access to view any attachments?

Thanks!

Jeff

A file viewer will be included in version 2.