PHP Error during set up

I am installing InvoicePlane version 1.5.11. I am using XAMPP version 7.3.27 / PHP 7.3.27 on a Mac OS.

I create and change the ipconfig file.
I have attempted installation in root folder and sub directory folder but get the same error.
I get to the setup language page and then this error occurs. I can’t press next.

Any help would be appreciated!

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /var/folders/vs/sh9dxtl13tdg9v8kmqz93r_80000gn/T)

Filename: Session/Session.php

Line Number: 143

Backtrace:

File: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/application/third_party/MX/Loader.php
Line: 209
Function: _ci_load_library

File: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/application/modules/setup/controllers/Setup.php
Line: 34
Function: library

File: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/index.php
Line: 325
Function: require_once

Hi, pretty sure it is the same error like here
https://community2.invoiceplane.com/t/topic/4186/

Also make sure the Folder /var/folders/vs/sh9dxtl13tdg9v8kmqz93r_80000gn/ does exist and is readable also as writable

Editing the Session Storage folder like this if you have to correct it:

Please try the solution from there and report back :slight_smile:

Little hin from me:
Dont use XAMPP, better use MAMP. Just 1000 times better out of the box

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me so soon.

The solution mentioned at InvoicePlane on Windows Plesk Server does not work for me for several reasons:

1. vendor/codeigniter/framework/system/libraries/session/drivers/session_drivers.php does not exist, however a file ‘session_driver’ does. (Minus the ‘s’)
  2. Assuming this is the same file, the line throw new Exception("Session: Configured save path '".$this->_config['save_path']."' is not writable by the PHP process."); does not exist in the file so I cannot attempt this solution.

The directory /var/folders/vs/sh9dxtl13tdg9v8kmqz93r_80000gn/ did not exist, I have now added and still no success.

When I follow this Codeigniter Fatal error: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: C:\to\tmp) in path\to\Session\Session.php - Stack Overflow

I now get 2 errors

Filename: drivers/Session_files_driver.php

Line Number: 136

Backtrace:

File: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/application/third_party/MX/Loader.php

File: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/application/modules/setup/controllers/Setup.php

and

Message: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/application/cache/session)

Filename: Session/Session.php

Line Number: 143

Backtrace:

Permission denied.

Please notice that this error does not come from InvoicePlane but from XAMPP.
As in their forum what the problem is, but seems like a permission problem, not executed with enough rights.

Like I said: better uns MAMP

@insh try to learn docker. It’s better than those local development systems like xampp and mampp

It seems like you’re having troubles setting up on a local system
I don’t think we can help much with permission issues & things like that.

When you’re using windows. Best way to go is WSL (Windows subsystem for Linux) or just normal docker

Thank you both for your kind assistance.

I have now installed MAMP and gotten further. I am at the point where it asks for username, password and database name… What do I put here? I haven’t set any of this up? I’m not sure which port to put either, 3036 or 80? I don’t want to screw it up now. I’ve come so far :slight_smile:

The username and password it asks for is the information for your mysql on mamp.

• create a database in your mamp
  • figure out your username and password for your mysql for mamp
  • add username, password, database name in your ipconfig file

before you are going to ask:
we can’t help you with setting up mamp, phpmyadmin, mysql, etc.
I have given you some hints and basically you can copy / paste my hints into Google and hope for some search results

All sorted! Thanks