Upload files to the client section

Hi

It would be nice if we could upload files that are linked to the client.
For ex. license plate, driving license, ID, and so on.
Maybe this way:

by clicking on a specific client, the window opens and you see four sections:

Details | Quotes | Invoices | Payments | Uploads

The Upload should not be limited by filetype or it should be possible to edit the file type limitation in the settings. for. ex. pdf, jpeg, png, docx, xlsx, should be already enabled and we can simply add new file types by entering them in the existing list.

The interface could be very simple:

Filename | File type | File size | Uploaded by | Date

Also it should be possible to delete and lock the files (a keychain icon would be fine)

Do you want this in invoiceplane 1 or 2?

In IP2, because IP1 is going to die some day… And it shouldn’t be missing in IP3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pls do not install/use IP2 as it is “FusionInvoice” and will be abandoned as it is.
IP2 will be build from scratch. Pls read here:

https://community2.invoiceplane.com/t/topic/7596

SO no support will be given for the IP2 that u are using right now. Wait for the real IP2 :wink:

1 Like

It’s something I’ve been looking into for another project, the ultimate question is, would it be preferred to have these stored as database BLOB objects or as files, given the sensitivity of the information we’re dealing with, it would in my mind be more sensible to store them as BLOB objects.

Comments, suggestions in a box.

If is more practical to store documents on disk and store the file reference on the database in my opinion. My criteria for storage as blob fields is that the document is an integral part of the transaction, such that the transaction is incomplete without the information, for example, a fingerprint on a user account, and that you have strict access rules information (for example, a url of a file stored on disk can be accessed by almost anyone, but only a registered user can access their own medical report stored on a database).

We don’t have to store those files on our own disk. These days you can use ‘secure containers’ to store those files. I can remember it being an S3 container (probably by google).
You store the file in that container (securely) and only the application can access it.
You fetch the document when necessary.
If that complies with all kinds of GDPR rules, that could be a solution.