The Future of InvoicePlane

@Nobby_Why if you join the slack community we might have something you cab help with

Thanks, UnderDog, will do. Love to help as much as I can and to my abilities. That said, I hope my remarks aren’t perceived as nagging :wink:

1 Like

@Nobby_Why not nagging at all, just having to finalize the small print, will also include a full post as to how exactly we will be maintaining our open source ethos with this new investor

2 Likes

Been a while and that Corona stuff got me on my knees. How is everyone else doing?
Hm, maybe I forgot but I try to join the slack community, …how? Please?

Also, I have an issue working with Invoiceplane now. The ticket for that is here:
Can’t issue invoice anymore and work with drafts, etc.

Just wondering if InvoicePlane is still in progress? As the announcement on top, is still the same.

With the whole corona, I have to move forward. I’m missing great things that other opensource invoice projects have.

Like - Automated email reminders for payments.

• Option to create pro-forma invoices

etc.

Hope the project is not dead, and is coming soon with big useful updates… feature-wise

Anyway, I truly hope this awesome project is not dead.

2 Likes

Hi @myedgy
Thank you for your message.
No, the project is not dead, but we had our lives twisted upside-down by the whole corona thing.

If you want join the slack community, we’re setting up the new version soon.
We’ll be communicating over there about that new version.

1 Like

@UnderDog Can I join Slack?

Of course you can!
https://join.slack.com/t/invoiceplane/shared_invite/zt-m6vmmr07-Df51zgC4IhjC3WRG7ftPBA

Expires in 30 days

Hey there,
are there some new informations about invoiceplane V2?

We will be getting together with the community to talk about this new version.
If you want you can come to slack and let us know what you need from that new version.
https://join.slack.com/t/invoiceplane/shared_invite/zt-ochouk13-Z5YJ7HUhZH8VaIQ66z_fJg

Is there any date on this event?

link not working

Join my Slack workspace! https://join.slack.com/t/invoiceplane/shared_invite/zt-r9fx1kzl-Y7LfCzQEJE9edsnKVvk99Q

Slack invite dead :slightly_frowning_face:

New link, will not expire for a while

https://join.slack.com/t/invoiceplane/shared_invite/zt-sjirc9h2-952baR9rn4r8LyzRK9MveA

Honestly, is InvoicePlane dead? The update posts are almost 2 years old, and no updates.

Did the move to restart with fresh code for V2 ever come to fruition?

Also, I need to export all my data to a spreadsheet so we can get back to invoicing, bi=ut there is a Import, but no Export. Is data held in the MYSql databases elsewhere?

Thanks
S

Hi Sharon,

Congrats on your first post. I too wonder about the current lifespan of this software. However, if you are saying your are going to dump your data to move on to another method of invoicing, yes, you have to go into PHPMyAdmin and export the database as a whole. I do this for back-up purposes. If you are good with MS Access, you could probably run two exports, one SQL export and one datasheet export to load into Access and rebuild from there. If you have zoom, we could chat further on ideas. Otherwise, we have to wait for others to reply on IP status.

1 Like

Hi @Sharon,
Thanks for the question.
No, InvoicePlane is not dead. The last commit in a separate branch was around June 2020.
Someone made a 1.5.12 branch.

In the meantime we’ve been working on getting a release prepared.
It’s some small bugfixes.
Check out the develop branch.
There are also some pull-requests out there that need reviewing.

New version?

• The current master branch
  • add some small bugfixes and a feature request
  • let the community test that version (help needed there)
  • then we can release that version

Thanks for explaining everything here it is good to see every comment.

Is InvoicePlane still alive and being worked on? No new updates for a while? Slack link doesn’t work either.

I noticed on my self-hosted version under update in settings I get the message “Updatecheckfailed. Check your network connection” never had that before…

Any ideas and hopefully this isn’t dead.

Thanks,
B

1 Like