Custom fields on invoice PDF

I’ve looked everywhere but don’t seem to get an answer.

I have created a custom field, and would like this custom field to be displayed on the PDF of my invoice. I have added the following: <?php echo $invoice->po_reference; ?> to the invoice template but I get nothing but errors. The field is called PO Reference, what am I doing wrong?

Bear in mind I’m a noob so I have no idea how to get this to work but any help will be appreciated!

Thank you!

@kobra

This post applies to quotes not invoices. See if it is useful.

https://community2.invoiceplane.com/t/topic/7224

Hey Crafter, thank you for your prompt reply.

I’ve seen that topic. Unfortunately I don’t know what the code might be in order to display my custom field on the invoice. I don’t even know what that particular table (PO Reference) is.

On the wiki it says to display this code: <?php echo $invoice->client_custom_tax_id_number; ?> in the invoice template, anywhere I’d like the custom field to appear. The thing is, obviously I’d need to change the “tax_id_number” to what my custom field is but I have no idea what the format might be. I have tried po_reference and PO_reference and nothing. So I can only assume that the code entirely is wrong.

Regards

Please provide more information to help resolve this. A description of your issue is great, but the following will go a long way to see where you can improve your solution

• Details of your custom field
  • Db details showing its name and values if possible
  • Your template code changes
  • Details of the error you are getting