FusionInvoice is now InvoicePlane 2

Hello Kovah,

Yes I fully understand the support will not be as it was, however the more fusionInvoice users that you can get to become part of this group, then the better it will become for support. I dont think that there is any issue to make a new version so quickly - the issue will be to get as many current fusion users to adopt the “InvoicePlan 2” release (albeit formally FI) and that means some sort of write up of what updating of older FI versions needs to be undertaken in order to have a working version IP2 with the original data base. Which is what I am doing having upgraded our servers to cater for TLS 1.2 etc security.

Anyway, as said - looking forward to how this all pans out.

With kindest regards

Ian

ps… good wishes for your bachelor thesis, hope all goes well.

I just purchased FusionInvoice a few months ago. Should I install “InvoicePlane2” now while it’s compatible or should I wait to see if there will be an official upgrade path for people like me?

Hi @Cullen_Webb
I would wait until the first stable version of InvoicePlane 2 is released. However, you can also participate in testing pre-release versions but I do not recommend using them in a production environment. You will be able to seamlessly upgrade from FusionInvoice 2018-8 to InvoicePlane 2.0.0

I just installed invoiceplane 2 but seems the mail function is not working. I tried PHPMail, SendMail and SMTP functions but none seems to work. I love invoiceplane 2 as after years of using Invoiceplane 1 i can finally send quotes to customers.

Anybody have an idea to resolve the mail send function?

For some reason, all the fields must be filled in including the To, CC, and BCC.

Please try again with a BCC and see if it works.

I would suggest you wait until the final version is released and then we can help you setup mail function. I would not recommend using alpha version in production environment.

Hi @Kovah, can we please help us with a fix of the error "exception":"SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: PDO::ATTR_STATEMENT_CLASS

Thanks so much

Hi, Is there any documentation about how to migrate from v1.5 to v2.0 ?

From the main post:

Migration will be available for the final release.

Hi is there any update on the final release of version 2?, absolutely love FusionInvoice and cant wait for InvoicePlane 2, looking to a new beginning.

@Kovah

Any Idea on the time frame for the release of IP 2.0 ?

And i’m using IP 1.4.10 for over 2 years now and i’m verry happy with how it works so far. Made a couple small adjustments to fit my needs better and i think those might be helpfull for others as well if they are implemented . Where can i put those Adjustments/Suggestions? Then you can still decide if its usefull enough.

Sadly there is no expected release date because development is still going pretty slow.

You can always put suggestions into the Development Discussion section of the forum or share your code via Github if you are familiar with it.

I managed to bring my InvoicePlane Installation to a point that I can’t really update to the latest version (I am on 1.46) because of database problems.
I was just now considering to manually import my clients and be happy but now I am wondering if maybe I should just directly jump to Invoice Plane 2. I don’t need a lot of features (basically: clients, pdf with own design, automatic e-mail, invoice overview).
I just don’t want to manuall import around 150 clients and then have to do it AGAIN in a few months :slight_smile:

You will be able to migrate your application from the latest version of InvoicePlane 1 to InvoicePlane 2 once it’s released.

If you have problems with upgrades please create a topic in the support category.

I upgraded my FusionInvoice from a 2016 to the InvoicePlane 2.0.0 alpha using this tutorial: https://www.fusioninvoice.com/docs/2018/Setup/Upgrade#how-to-upgrade-to-fusioninvoice-2018-from-fusioninvoice-2017-2016. Since the InvoicePlane 2.0.0 alpha is the same as FusionInvoice 2018-8 with some other skin settings etc, I thought that this should go fine.

But I think there are some problems with the skin. Logging in works but the login screen looks unstyled (https://ibb.co/dnpmVq), and the overview looks weird as well… (can’t post another link since new users can only include 2 links :grimacing:)

Any clue how to solve this?

Thanks!

I don’t think that there is a specific way to solve this. The complete interface is updated to another framework so every fix will be “wasted time” at the moment. If you ran Fusioninvoice 2018.8 before there is no reason to update to InvoicePlane at the moment. Would suggest waiting for at least the first Beta version.

HI. We are currently using an older version of invoiceplane and are hesitant to update. We are looking forward to 2.0 and believe we will be better served waiting for that release. Is there any time frame on release?

Hmm, but the InvoicePlane 2.0.0 Beta is the same code base as Fusioninvoice 2018.8, right? I made the assumption that I could follow the upgrade path on “how to upgrade to fusioninvoice-2018 from fusioninvoice 2016”, or is this assumption wrong?

Also, it’s not a beta yet, it is marked as an alpha version. A lot of things will change and also break so it’s not recommended for any production use yet, even if the current version is almost the same code like 2018-8.

I do not recommend updating to InvoicePlane 2 until at least the first beta is out.

Makes sense. Thanks for your response!