Allow users to modify the tax and item calculation order

Hi Kovah,

Thank you for adding to the features request.

You put Priority:Minor Minor I hope we will get that option soon.

Thank you!

As I said before… maybe I didn’t made my self clear :blush: because It’s the same thing I asked here:
https://community2.invoiceplane.com/t/insert-products-prices-tax-included/371

So, if you want, you can merge it with this. :wink:

1 Like

Hi Kovah,

Are you planing to do something for IP-217?

I’m waiting for it…

THANK YOU!

Please read I will stop developing on v1 after 1.4.0 is released

Hi Kovah

Looking at the priority status of this IP-217, I would really love to see it included with the next version 2.0

I use InvoicePlane and love the simple setup, but having to calculate the pricing ex-gst (tax) is hard as the program doesn’t allow for more than 2 decimal points meaning that the rounding of prices is often out by cents. if I want to invoice $25 including 10% tax, it comes to 22.7272 etc, this means I have to round the price off which makes it 22.73. Now if I sell this item (an hours labour charge) x 10, it makes the total 250.03, which looks very messy on my invoices, as I then have to apply a 3 cent discount to fix it up.

https://community2.invoiceplane.com/t/development-stop-for-invoiceplane-2/1583

Hi there,

Until know I’m using the calculator to calculate that price and often it changes for 0.01 !

Can anyone do something about it!?

Hi there,

Can you please do something about IP-217 ?

Thank you,

Please see https://development.invoiceplane.com/browse/IP-367

Hi there,

Can you please do something about IP-367 ?

Thank you,
aRTx

@aRTx I currently have like no time to work on InvoicePlane, sorry. Just hotfixes and smaller improvements.

Hi Kovah,

This is very important for many users to improve it.

Selling with final price (includ in price the vat)

Best Regards,
aRTx

Well… you could donate $2000 and I may find a developer who has time and is able to solve this problem. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how do it?

I want to create a button for every item until i create a invoice, that button will show a prompt box in which I will enter my full price (price including Vat) than that number I will divide with vat (if vat is 18%, than FullPrice/1.18).

A simple example of that I post below, but I don’t know how to modify InvoicePlane.

Script

Hi @Kovah, you closed my ticket and redirected me here, but this is a complete different issue.

I’m not looking for a fixed total price.

The way Invoice Plane calculates the item subtotal is in fact false.
The discount has to be subtracted from the net total, not the gross total.

No matter how you do it, the calculation in the current version is wrong.

Maybe it is not correct but the problem stays the same: the complete calculation process needs to be rewritten and the users need to be allowed to change the order in which his calculations are done.

This can’t be hotfixed in the next version as it would break the calculation for all existing quotes and invoices.

The issue that I mentioned seems to be very simple? Not sure in which file the calculation is done, but one simply has to change the order of the variables?

The fix seems simple but re-ordering would change the calculation for all existing invoices and quotes. That is the actual problem.
But me and @Maxime_GRIMLER are looking into this. Maybe we can get this into 1.6.

If you want to hotfix this just for yourself, the files that contain the calculation are Mdl_invoice_amounts.php and Mdl_item_amounts.php (for invoices).

1 Like

OK, Thanks! I’ll take a look on it.

Really appreciate your work!

I’ve already started the feature since yesterday night so if anyone has some requests ask it now I will try to do my best (and I understand yours @coderebels)

1 Like