Views not updating - Need to manually refresh

We have been having an issue for a while where even after clicking the ‘save’ button the invoice/quote totals do not update without a manual refresh of the page.

Same if we edit an invoice…if we make changes to an invoice then click save, it removes all our changes until we manually refresh the webpage.

If we create invoice/quotes then try to view them in the ‘View Invoices’ list they are not there, until we refresh the page a few times.

I have tired to fault find this a little and as we generate or update invoice the information is in the database but does not display in the GUI until you refresh the page a few times.

I have seen a few other people experiencing the same issue but there does not seem to be a fix for this? I have upgraded to 1.4.8 but still does the same thing.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

This sounds like some sort of caching. As InvoicePlane does not use any caching on its own and pulls all data out of the database on every page load this is a quite unusual behaviour. Could you please check this?

Additionally: if you have issues with any component please use the debug mode and share the logs with us. Otherwise we can’t help you in any way.
https://wiki.invoiceplane.com/en/1.0/general/faq#debugmode

Hi Kovah,

We are not using a CDN or any kind of caching on the Invoice system.

We were using Gzip at root level, but I’ve disabled this and still get the same issue with InvoicePlane.

As for the Debug bug mode we are not getting anything in the Application/log except the following line…

> ERROR - 2016-08-18 12:59:37 --> Severity: Warning --> mysqli_connect(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50545 Library:50629 public_html/invoice/system/database/drivers/mysqli/mysqli_driver.php 77

Seems to be misconfigured PHP. See http://stackoverflow.com/a/10768766/1203515 for more details.

Hi guys,

@nmay1990
I had the same problem, but figured out it had to be the cache.
When opening the developer console in Chrome, and checking “disable cache” it worked.
After that I added some code at the top of the index.php file which solved my problem!
<?php header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0"); header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false); header("Pragma: no-cache"); ?>
Let me know it this fixed your issue.

I also have the same cache problem. Probably not depend on invoiceplane saw that I happened other times with Codeigniter. Maybe it depends on the setting of my hosting provider
However I solved by entering the code:

<?php
header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0");
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
header("Pragma: no-cache");
?>

Thanks

Hi, newby here

Would be nice to see this fixed asap, easy fix and since most sane people use as much caching as possible pages that should not be cached should be excluded by InvoicePlane from being cached automatically.

Thanks for this index.php fix which does work making InvoicePlane actually a great tool as with caching and some ignorant users looks like trashy software. Nonetheless, I like this software very much as I also still am on Clientbase which needs renewal and InvoicePlane might just be my new system :slight_smile:

Regards,
Eric