Pro-Foma invoice idea

I have a idea for creating pro-forma invoices

1. In header between quotes and invoices: pro-forma with sub links
  2. In quotes an extra link: create pro-forma invoice
  3. Pro-forma has his own database like quote, with his own number, date,… like a quote, but with the pdf footer and terms of invoice
  4. A link to create a invoice like in quote
  5. On invoice a extra line in details that points to the pro-forma number (so the accountant can check the number on the bank payments)

Regards,
Jonathan

Last Update: 2018-02-21

I like this idea . +1 , pro-formas can actually make this software stand on in a country like mine right now . South Africa …

Voted. I now have to modified the quotes language each time to put PRO-FORMA.

will be nice to have a PRO-FORMA option like described above.

What is a PRO-FORMA?

An abridged or estimated invoice sent by a seller to a buyer in advance of a shipment or delivery of goods. … Pro forma invoices are commonly used as preliminary invoices with a quotation, or for customs purposes in importation. They differ from a normal invoice in not being a demand or request for payment.

1 Like

In America, you can issue an invoice even if you are unsure if someone will pay. This is different in Europe. When you issue an invoice in Europe it has to be paid or else you need to add a credit invoice to make up for the balance.

Pro-forma invoices have separate numbers than the normal “true” invoice. When someone has to renew their hosting for example a pro-forma invoice is issued. The customer can see this and can pay this invoice. When the invoice has been paid the pro-forma invoice will change to a normal invoice and will receive the next available invoice number.

Please note a Pro-forma invoice is still different than the QUOTE / OFFER

Pro-forma invoices are different from quotes. When you issue a pro-forma invoice I would expect the following behaviour:

• A pro-forma invoice can be paid
  • When it has been paid it will be converted to normal invoice.
  • It need to be possible to add recurring of a pro-forma invoice.

I’m not completely sure but the above seems not possible right now.

Can this be added in the next release? It would be so useful! Now I modified the QUOTEs to a PRO-FORMA type. But i need to manually create a quote in word now. It would be nice to have all 3 options available.

More info:

Any news about this request ?
Is it not possible to copy the quote source code and paste it and rename everything to proforma. ?

Good idea. @myedgy if you make your PR I can take a look at it

Hi Underdog :slight_smile:

I’ve already done that! Actually i’m using it already for years now!

How ? Like I already mention dozen of times here at the form.
I changed in the translations the QUOTES to PROFORMA and that’s it.

Okay now i’m unable to make a quote / proposal pdf anymore. But i’m using word / excel for that.

In Europe it’s more important to have the ability to send out a proforma first instead of the invoice.

This way you are not messing up your invoice numbering as they need to follow up.

Hope this helps you; other wise feel free to ask more!